Toronto East End church of Christ
We're just a group of regular people who are dedicated to following Jesus. Each of us has been convinced by many evidences that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:30-31). Jesus' teachings lead us to conclude that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and that the Bible is able to fully equip us with everything we need to live and work as God's people (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Because of this, we spend time in learning and applying the teachings of the Bible just as they are written, taking great care not to add or take away from God's words (Proverbs 30:5-6). We come from multiple cultures, backgrounds, and languages, but as Christians, Jesus has made us all one family together (Galatians 3:27-28). We serve one another patiently in love, and we work together to carry out the commandment of Jesus as recorded in the following verses:
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16, NKJV)
We would like for you to consider some questions about these two verses:
- Do you know what the "gospel" is?
- Do you know why Jesus died on the cross?
- Do you know that He arose from the dead and then ascended into heaven?
- Do you know what it means to be "saved"?
- Do you know what it means to be "condemned"?
- Do you know what Jesus wants you to "believe"?
- Do you know what it means to be "baptized"?
- If you were taught that God saves you before baptism, is that what these two verses really teach?
We believe that the answers to these questions are extremely important - because they have eternal consequences, and because they lead us to the grace of God that is found in Jesus Christ! If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at email@example.com.